Friday, October 25, 2013

JAMS // 10.25.13

J.A.M.S.  (Just Another Music Sample)

Every other Friday, I'll try to post a list of the 5 songs that have been on repeat for me throughout the week.
Some might be brand new, exclusive, or old favorites. Check 'em out and don't forget to leave me a comment of what you've been jamming lately!

"Ghosts"  |  SONS  |  Keep Quieter

Wow. Just, wow. This has been my go-to study song this past week.
This video features a more acoustic and stripped-down version than you'll find on the CD, but it's equally as beautiful. SONS announced earlier this year that they will be on an indefinite hiatus, so we're left to enjoy gems such as these until further notice.


"Mercy Is New In The Morning"  |  The Silver Pages  |  Part 1

Brothers Philip and Paul Zach (formerly of Remedy Drive) have come together to create The Silver Pages, breathing life into hymns both old and original. This particular song has become my go-to favorite hymn, and the rest of the EP is equally as amazing!
For a limited time, you can download their music on Noisetrade for free, or (if you're feeling generous) tip with a free-will donation.


"Captured Me"  |  The Digital Age  |  EVENING:MORNING

The Digital Age is a fairly new band on the scene, but you might recognize some familiar faces. Featuring three former members of DavidCrowder*Band, The Digital Age is putting out some amazing brand new music.
"Captured Me" is easily my favorite song of EVENING:MORNING. The first time I heard them sing "I've never felt more found than when I'm lost in You," I was hooked. They put out this sweet music video (with the help of many fan submissions) earlier this fall.


"Love Alone Is Worth The Fight"  |  Switchfoot  |  Fading West EP

Okay, okay. I know I've been going Switchfoot heavy these past couple of weeks. But YOU GUYS. This song! I can't get over how amazing it is!
"Is it fear you're afraid of? What are you waiting for? Love alone is worth the fight." -- I mean honestly. Those words are really hitting hard lately. Love it!


"I Will"  |  Hands  |  Give Me Rest

Oh, how I miss Hands. And oh, how I love this song. The perfect mix of mellow and heavy. You've gotta check this one out.



And there you have it!
What have you been listening to lately? I'm always open for new music suggestions!
Leave me a comment and make my ears happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment