Friday, September 27, 2013

JAMS // 09.27.13

J.A.M.S.  (Just Another Music Sample)

Every Friday, I'll try to post a list of the 5 songs that have been on repeat for me throughout the week.
Some might be brand new, exclusive, or old favorites. Check em out and don't forget to leave me a comment of what you've been jamming lately!

  • "Dry Bones" (Live at RELEVANT Studios)  |  Gungor


Oh, this song. The original version of this song is already amazing, but this live acoustic version (featuring Kevin Olusola, cellist and beatboxer for a capella group Pentatonix) is PHENOMENAL.
Give it a listen--your ears will thank me.


  • "White Fences"  |  NEEDTOBREATHE  |  Cercas Blancas EP

NEEDTOBREATHE always puts me in a good mood. Definitely worthy of singing along.


  • "You Waste Time Like A Grandfather Clock"  |  The Myriad  |  With Arrows, With Poise

An old song but a good one, from a relatively unknown band.


  • "Come Thou Fount"  |  Kings Kaleidoscope  |  Asaph's Arrows

This song has been dominating my worship playlists lately. The unique and unexpected rhythm is what gets me. Powerful song and a powerful performance!

  • "Oh Captain, My Captain"  |  Levi The Poet  |  Werewolves


So this may not be what you were expecting from a Christian music blog, but this is Levi The Poet. His spoken word is amazing and this is one of my favorites.
If you ever get the opportunity to see him perform live, DO IT.


So there you have it! Week 2 of my JAMS playlist.
What have you been listening to lately? Do you have any recommendations for next week's playlist? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment